Thursday, October 30, 2008

my 16 month old

Patriot Shane-

October has been SO fun and full of firsts.

You amazed me when:

  • you wraped your arms around me and layed your head on my shoulder in a REAL hug, yesterday:)
  • figured out how to open the childproof gate, 5 times in a row.
  • decided to walk all on your own --now there is no stoping you.
  • sat like a big boy in Colin's overstuffed chair, sipping your milk and watching the game w/ Mr. Matt.
  • ran on the beach & played in the surf like you owned the place.
  • climbed in to the swing on your play castle, flipped around and swang yourself.
  • began to repeat almost everything we tell you, really trying to figure out how to pronounce the words and understand their meaning.
  • decided veggies were no longer your friends & became a fruit fiend.
  • used a fork correctly.
  • flew on 8 flights in 4 weeks w/out any memorable meltdowns!
  • calmly let me take pix of you in your adorable lion costume after first hating it with a passion.
  • became a cookie monster with a sweet tooth as big as your mom's.
  • flash that dimple at me and ask for "moh, waf-waf's" when you've already had 3.
  • used sound effects for everything from cars to waterhoses.
  • carved your first pumpkin with dada.
  • laughed hysterically at something new everday.
  • knocked on the kitchen door while signing & saying 'dada' expectantly.
  • wore your first pair of Levi jeans and made me think, what happened to my baby?

i love you my sweet son & am thankful for all of the things you teach me to be, daily.

love always,
mama

3 comments:

KarenD said...

OK, I passed by your house today and I saw Josh outside taking pictures of 'Riot and your McCain/Palin sign. Your little Republican, eh? Hope I'm not spoiling a future blog post with this comment. It didn't look like Patriot was very compliant with the photo shoot from what I saw. :-)

Aw, and mini Levis! Too stinkin' cute!

Rose said...

Oh I want to see those pictures of Patriot and the yard sign!

Let me know how voting goes!

I love your list, I love the pics, and I love his Levi Jeans!

Nicki W. said...

he's a cutie!!!