Monday, November 03, 2008

Vote 4 My Better Tomorrow:)

on friday, patriot assisted me in casting my vote for president. he even has the sticker to prove it!

at first i was gonna go by myself while he was in mothers' day out, but rose & i found some interesting info for our radio show that changed my mind. i believe the verse, 'train up a child in the way they should grow and when they grow old, they will not depart from it." rings true here. a national study says that a parental voting is the surest predictor of whether or not a young adult decides to vote. also, they are twice as likely to vote themselves if their parents vote regularly. it is important to me to teach this civic duty by action as well as words, so off to the polls we went!

i'm sure it's no big suprise who we voted for:0)

okay, if you haven't already, run on out and vote tomorrow, November 4th!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Corrie said...

I'm so glad Patriot got to go with you to exercise your right and privledge to vote! And he looks awfully handsome!

Rose said...

Right on! I'm so glad that you were able to bring PST with you!

XOXO

autumnesf said...

I took Alia also. Since I can't get my son to register and vote I'm working hard on my girls!!

Love your green shirt! Where did you get that???

Melissa said...

Good job, Kel! I agree that it's super important to teach our children responsibility in this area as well as others. Love the black and white! :)

laura said...

Love it! Too cute! I miss you!!!!

Ask Spraytopia said...

That is so refreshing, and wonderful! I opted for the easy way out, and voted while C was in PDO, since I was expecting record lines. I will have to repent and hope my children realize how very important it is to have the right to vote! Thank you for your great example. And it made for some great photo ops!:)

Callie said...

He is so cute I can't stand it!