Friday, October 20, 2006

Okay, Okay I'm SORRY!

This is especially for Nic and Melissa who have pleaded for my updates;) I tried to rationalize with thoughts like, once I get the pix uploaded or Josh kidnapped the computer again, etc. So here are some thoughts over the last couple weeks.

MEXICO:
The most fun thing that's happened in the last two weeks was the trip Larka and I took to Mexico (oct 7-10). While we didn't really take pictures, we captured memories to last a lifetime! I'm privileged to have such a caring, thoughtful, and adventurous mom-in-law. We did two dives a day on Sunay and Monday, then she treated me to beach-front massage! Can you imagine hearing actual waves crash(as opposed to a pre-recorded cd) as all of the yucky tension is worked out of your body? amazing! We saw mulitple schools of baby fish as the reef was turned into a nursery during the month of October. Many were so tiny that you could bearly see what colors they were until you came face to face w/ a protective mama fish! I found a mascot on Sunday that rode in my palm for much of the dive. He was a tiny little hermit crab with a pretty little shell, no bigger than an inch! I named him Herby II after a hermit crab Er and I had as kids. One day I hope to have a camera that can capture the magnificent beauty under the sea for y'all landlubbers to see!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous of your reprieve! :) I would love to stick my feet in the ocean or snorkle right now! :)