Friday, October 27, 2006

It's getting easier...

What wonderful friends (and of course sweet family) I have been surrounded with during this time of turmoil in our lives! I have been reading all of your sweet comments and am checking y'alls blogs again---so I think my blogger funk is coming to an end!
Over the past week the Lord has been revealing his goodness and provision to Josh and I. While it still saddens me to think I will never hold my sweet samson again on this earth, it is comforting to know that God is in control of the situation. My last post was such a downer, that I had sweet friends calling in tears of empathy. So many of you have grieved of the loss of a precious pet and your words of wisdom and comfort have been priceless!

This last week has been full of activities including BU homecoming! I thought y'all would enjoy a few happy pix:


BONFIRE 2006

all the kids (including my neph-pug jude!)

jude was acting shy here, but he was a party waiting to happen all evening! everyone hearts this friendly breed, so he was loved on all night by complete strangers. it was a nice distraction from my crazy sad week to play w/ ju-ju bee!gotta take the pic quick before your hair starts to melt!!!

Baylor VS Kansas game

when i arrived at the end of the 3rd quarter, there wasn't much hope as we were down 17 points(and we know how the bears normally have a very difficult time coming back in the second 1/2 of the game!) but suddenly, we scored 2 touch downs, it was like we had a brandnew team! it brought the crowd to their feet in amazement! (can you see nic & brent way up there?)

a little tough to believe (and read when the pix is so tiny) but we BEAT kansas 36-35 in the last minute and 1/2 of the game!!! we were sitting in the right endzone to watch all three last quarter touchdowns happen before our eyes!!!

our famous self-portrait to comemorate the win!!

* there is a cute pic of the four of us kids who were at the game, but blogger is having issues uploading any more pix and i don't wanna make it mad--so maybe later!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun!! Great pics too! :)

Melissa said...

Oh, and RYC, don't I wish!!! The house in the background is my folks, and in one shot, their neighbors. :) Someday though.... :)

Nicki W. said...

i heart pugs and baylor.