Thursday, February 01, 2007

week # 18-time to vote!

1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

This weekend we had fun with our friends at our 1st annual, post-holiday, progressive dinner---whew, it was an event as long as it's title. The final house of the evening was complete with a choco fountain and we ended up playing Loaded Questions, until the wee hours of the night. Nic and I were a little tuckered out, but we were proud to say we weren't the first to leave (however, the others did have kids to get back to!) Saturday we had a double date with our friends Seth and Mere, who are expecting their third bundle of joy 2 weeks after us!

Let's jump back to Friday where we had a wonderful doctor's visit (once we finally were able to see the doc!). The OB office was running a little behind due to an ER emergency, so we were actually seen at 11:30 instead of 9:30! Thankfully I have a very patient husband, who ran me back to my office for an appointment I had in the middle of that crazy wait and snagged me a snack.
Once Doc Micus came in to visit, she did a quick tummy check, and then we listened to the baby's heart beat---which is always fun! At a quick 140 beats per minute, I'm sure there will be predictions made about the baby's gender.

Speaking of...lets have vote:

While many of you have made predictions along the way, where do you stand now? Now this isn't complete verification that we will be finding out the gender any time soon, but we thought it would be fun! We will tally up the votes for next weeks e-mail and save any cute comments for the baby book! What's do YOU think our little firecracker will be?

blessings,
kelly, josh, & baby t

Our sweet baby's world:
Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a large sweet potato) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I just posted this, and it seems to have gone to lala land, so I'm posting again! :)

I vote GIRL!!! No particular reason, just a feeling...

oh, and if I'm right, I have two eligible bachelors... (in 18 years or so...)

Unknown said...

ooohhh I'm going with Girl too...I think Hayden's heartbeat was 140 as well...though I can't exactly remember all of the sudden :)

Nicki W. said...

i want soooo badly for a boy, but i am not feeling it. PLUS you are carrying and feeling totally different than i have and it is the only pregnancy i have to compare it with, so i am going to say it...GIRL.

kelly 's a riot said...

Whoo hooo!!! More girl votes! Thanks for your opinions gals! Hopefully we will have an answer soon!

Anonymous said...

My vote:

First woman president!!

Cary