Monday, February 19, 2007

Baby Update!

Sorry Ladies! Here is the baby update:

In Waco:
Tristan was able to cuddle w/ his mom and dad a few hours after birth, but was still having some trouble breathing. He was hooked up to special monitor but that only lasted a day. On Thursday he learning how eat from his mom and began a little fever. He ended up staying in the hospital until Saturday to watch his temp. When I spoke w/ Nic last night she said that she was LOVING being a mom and having so much fun with Tristan. He is eating well and looking cute! I snuck in two visits while they were at the hospital, but he was eating both times. I will plan to see him this week before Josh and I leave on our babymoon, so i will have more pix then.

In Colorado:
Melissa's sweet baby, Caden Gary, was born around 12:30 midnight which was technically 2/15! They braved the Colorado snow to the hospital over an hour away from their house in record time. Melissa quickly progressed and felt ready to push right after the doc did his final check to see she was at a 10. The doctor was sans gown and with only one glove on, but Caden was on his way out into the world. Once the second glove was in place, she finished her push and out he came. Cary called to share the good news and I was able to visit with Melissa for a little. It was hard to know I couldn't be up at the hospital with her to meet her newest little bundle, so I had to live vicariously through the pix Cary sent!

For now check the girls' blogs to see their sweet babies faces!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

it starts with J right???

Jackson
James
Jace
Jack
Jacob
Jared

Melissa said...

Okay...I just checked and I'm not sure why I thought J...

Let's try again...

Tanner
Taylor
Tatum
Tayten