Friday, September 14, 2007

Fun Firsts...

PLAYGROUP:
Our first official playgroup was at the Wilson's house down the street. As you can see, Patriot and Tristan dressed up for the occasion! Who doesn's love jammies?
Eventhough our babies are young, playgroup offers some much needed mommy interaction. The tips, advice, and support I've gotten from the other gals has been wonderful.






HIGHCHAIR:
On Labor Day we had a little cookout (even in the rain:) with the Wheeler kids. Patriot joined us at the table for the feast in his brand-new high chair that adapts for infants (thanks Lita and Pop:) We feasted on some YUM italian style pesto burgers, grilled corn on the cobb and josh's famous guacamole. Pate was asleep before the meal ended, but Uncle Sam on his onesie said it all "I want YOU to change my diaper!"



NIGHT IN HIS CRIB:
Many of you know Patriot has been sleeping on my nightstand in his Moses basket for the past 3 months. I started letting him nap in his crib last Wednesday (inside of his moses:) Last Thursday we put him down for his evening "nap" after his 9:00 feeding and he slept til the morning! I was SURE he would wake up in the middle of the night and need me, so I slept on a mattress in the middle of his bedroom floor. Boy was I surprised when the boy woke me at 8:15 am the next day! He hearts his new room. Now, if I can just be brave enough to take him out of Moses!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Very sweet!

Way to go mom! You did good. I know it's so hard to leave them at first, but what a big boy sleeping through the night like that! :)

laura said...

He is getting so big, yeah! We miss you guys!

Stephen, Haley and baby Isla said...

I'm so impressed he slept through the night. I must say, however, that you cannot continue to sleep on the floor of his room! That's what baby monitors are for!

Now I've left you a comment so you can get to our blog! Hope you're all doing well. Tell Josh Hi!!

haley

Nicki W. said...

little men! i can't wait until thursday!!

Lindsay said...

he is just too cute, Kelly! I'm so glad you guys are doing so well!

Bree said...

Hey! I found your blog! I was in Waco for Christmas and picked up a Waco Magazine and your picture was in there! -as ANGELA! I was thinking huh? when did she change her name? Haha. Anyways- now you have the link to our blog! Good to "see" you! -Bree