Saturday, July 21, 2007

7 weeks old & happy birthday asa!

This week we celebrated the new life of Asa Owen Sutton! Meredith, Seth and proud big brothers, Isaac and Noah, were very ready to meet little Asa who was 2 days overdue and born Wednesday 7/18 at 4:42am. Everyone is doing well and enjoying family time at their home just 2 blocks away from our new home:)
Mere is amazed that our babies are nearly the same size and mine is 7 wks old!
Asa and Patriot's first playdate
Patriot is gaining weight (now just over 8 lbs:) and battling reflux. Our poor guy is hungry and eating to keep up with his growth spurt, but then chokes and gags before and after meals. This makes for some interesting nights at the Tetens' house. We have had our moms over the past two weeks help us out so we could get a little shut eye and a few more boxes unpacked. Thanks Noni and Lita!!! (and of course we have to shout out to our local baby-sitters, Aunt Erin and Uncle Clay;)

Friday night we had some excitement and almost an emotional breakdown from me as Pate took his first bottle. I prepared Josh by letting him know that Patriot might be confused and not take to the bottle. WRONG...my child latched on to that thing and sucked it dry in about 5 minutes flat! I was devestated for a few minutes until I assured myself that the only reason he liked the bottle was because it was my milk (and was quickly awarded my place back as his fav spot for a drink just 2 hours later:) Ahhh, the joys of motherhood---hormones and milk can throw you into a tizzy!!!

daddy and patriot's 1st bottle experience

we were both shocked and pate was exhausted!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's precious, Kelly! I had an emotional time when Savannah Grace took her first bottle too and nearly came unglued when someone suggested formula. :)

Melissa said...

Aww! It sounds like he is doing great, and he is just so handsome! :) I feel your pain about the first bottle feeding. :) The first bottle Caden took, he drank 8!!!! ounces, and only stopped because we made him. I was beginning to feel inadequate, but then every feeding after that went just like normal. I guess he was enjoying the faster flow of a bottle. Hormones are a doozy. :) I wish I could be there to help and love on you guys. It sounds like his weight gain is fab even though he's battling reflux. Hopefully he'll outgrow it soon. Love and miss you, my friend! Let me know if there is anything I can do from a distance!! :)

Nicki W. said...

yay! bottles are such a big help when you can get over the emotions! trust me, he will STILL be attached to you all the time :) we need to come over and play!!

Carrie said...

just stopped by to see how your little guy was doing. My little one is battling reflux too! It can be so hard sometimes. We have been back and forth to the doctor like six times trying to find the right medication!! As I pray for my little Addison, I will keep Patriot in my prayers too that God will heal these babies!

Melissa said...

Hey there, my friend! :) I miss you! How are you guys doing? When do you have to go back to work? Are you hanging in there with that?

Rachael said...

Kelly! I'm so excited to find your blog. Patriot looks wonderful and it sounds like he's doing better too. Erin showed us pictures a few weeks ago and he's already so much bigger.

I hope you and your little family are doing well - We miss you at CareNet, but being a mom is way more important

Melissa said...

How's life, my friend? I'm missing you! :)

Tell Erin Happy Birthday for me! :)