Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Week 15

Proverbs 8: 32-36
"So, my dear friends, listen carefully; those who embrace these my ways are most blessed. Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don't squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day's work. When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God's good pleasure. But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you're flirting with death."

This past week we got back into the post-holiday swing of things at work. Amazingly enough, the youth of Waco did NOT take a break from baby-making activities, therefore leaving our schedule books as full as ever!

Today I was thinking about how my role in the counseling room could change as my expectant belly continues to grow. How will I deal with an abortion-minded client while my own child is kicking, rolling, swimming about safe in my womb? Will the sweet young married clients who are hoping for a child (like my 2 clients today) look at my belly with sadness? Aside from that I'm already beginning to be a little sappy...take the show A Baby Story for example: I teared up 3 times at lunch today while watching an episode with Shiloh! What if I get weepy in the counseling room?

So far, the benefits are out-weighing the 'what ifs'. It was a joy to be able to help a client discover and be assured of her salvation today by confessing with her mouth and believing in her heart. "It's that simple?" she asked. "Sure is!", I said, reminding her that only the Lord can help her break her so called 'bad habits' and help her to be more like Him. She was precious and I hope to see her at her ultrasound next week.

On a lighter note, I was able to attend Nic's first baby shower---SO fun! We are throwing her a work/church shower at the end of the month which I'm totally excited about! It was neat to see many of her good friends gather around her to celebrate this special time in her life. This was our baby's first baby shower to attend, and I think the all the treats and sounds of ladies laughing and telling stories lulled our little one to sleep. We have a few more showers to go before we start that adventure of our own!!!

blessings,
kelly, josh, & baby t

Our sweet baby's world:
At around 4 inches long, crown to rump, your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. He's busy inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which will help develop the air sacs in his lungs. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all his joints and limbs. That means his hands are more functional, too. Sweat glands are appearing, and although his eyelids are fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, he's likely to move away from the beam.
Your baby's taste buds are beginning to form now, too, and a study at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia suggests he may be able to taste what you've been eating. Researchers found that flavors from the food pregnant women ate ended up in their amniotic fluid. They also found that eating healthy foods during pregnancy may help your baby develop a preference for those foods that could last a lifetime.

6 comments:

Corrie said...

Hey, Kelly! It was SO fun to meet you and chat with you at Nicki's shower on Sunday! You're too cute! Since I "know" you now, I added you to my Blogroll! :)

laura said...

Hey girl! I saw a pic of you on Nic's blog and you are SO cute pregnant! I love that you are showing this early. Truly, you are glowing!

lauren said...

It was great to see you and Nic's shower! You looked great and had the pregnancy glow already! I'm going to stop by soon with James. I miss it up there!

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly!! I've been checking your blog but no updates :( Are you finding out with the little one will be?? Seems like you should be coming up on halfway pretty soon...how fun!!!

Look forward to an update!

~Lindsay

Melissa said...

I need to see wk 18 on here so I can officially place my vote... :)

kelly 's a riot said...

hi ladies-- sorry just creating the e-mail is causing me to loose brain cells! to remember to blog it as well? almost impossible to remember!
seriously, i do need to update y'all for this week so you can vote.